If you are playing video poker, then Jacks-or-Better is a great machine to play and you can increase the odds of success dramatically by learning five simple tips.
You don’t need to spend a long time learning these tips; they’re simple, quick, and easy to learn. Jacks-or-Better video poker is fun anyway, but even more so when you’re winning big payouts!
Jacks or Better – The King of Video Poker
The three most played video poker games are Deuces Wild, Jacks-or-Better, and Joker Poker. By far the most popular of the three is Jacks-or-Better, and for good reason – it’s all to do with the odds of success.
Here then are your five tips for success in Jacks-or-Better video poker.
Five Tips to Play Jacks-or-Better Video Poker
1. Not all Jacks-or-Better-Games are the Same
Jacks-or-Better will give you a 99.54% expected rate of return when played correctly.
On the front of the machine is displayed the payouts for a Full House and a Flush respectively.
Here are the payouts for various machines:
Machine Type Machine Payback (with Strategy)
9 for a full house or 6 for a flush 99.5%
8 for a full house or 5 for a flush 97.4%
7 for a full house or 5 for a flush 96.3%
6 for a full house or 5 for a flush 95.2%
You want the best odds when you play Jacks or better and that means playing a 9 / 6 machine. You don’t have to play the others – so don’t!
2. The Importance of the Royal Flush
Always play the maximum number of coins in order to be eligible for the bonus payout for a royal flush.
The only way to beat a video poker machine is to hit a high paying royal flush. To do this you need to be able to play for a long time on the least money you can. This is another reason for playing the 9 / 6 Jacks-or-Better machine.
3. Take Your Time
Take your time to study every hand. The machine is in no hurry and neither should you be.
4. Turning Losers into Winners
Only 21% of the hands dealt are winning ones in Jacks or Better, meaning 79% are losing hands.
The difference between success and failure for players is the ability to convert the 79% of losing hands into winners.
If you follow the rules below, you will increase your odds of success.
5. A Simple Strategy to Increase Your Odds of Success
Hold all paying hands. The exception is: Break up a lesser paying hand if you get four cards to a royal flush.
When you’re dealt non-paying superslot , check the following, and hold as per the list:
· Hold any four cards to a straight flush.
· Hold any three cards to a royal flush.
· Hold any four cards to a flush.
· Hold any low pair (tens or lower).
· Hold any four-card consecutive straight.
· Hold any two high cards of the same suit.
· Hold any three cards to a straight flush.
· Hold J, Q, and K of different suites.
· Hold any two high cards of different suits.
· Hold J, Q or K with a Ten of the same suit.
· Hold any single high card.